Friday, July 8, 2011

Coffee Cups

I got back 4 cups and 2 plates from glazing last night. All the pieces are red shigaraki with various glaze combos. They all turned out very well. All were OF fired.









Left is B glaze with X on the inside. Right is S glaze on the outside dipped in R on the rim.











Left: glaze K with R glaze dip (Handle)
Right: inside R, outside B glaze (My fav cup of the four)












Two small plates, inside glaze X











Outside B glaze












I also got around to glazing this shallow vase I made awhile back

It's red shigaraki clay. I decided to do X glaze on the inside, E glaze on the outside (red metallic color) and A glaze accent (blue) on the inside.

Here is a shot of the colors before I glazing.





Outside shot












Inside shot: The gray splatters are A glaze, this is a new combo for me so we'll see how it turns out...can't wait! This will be OF fired.










Since I won't be around this weekend I also carved my bizen vase I made on Tues. It was a little too soft but I managed to get it done. It's hard to tell but I did a stair like design on the bottom. This will dry for awhile and go into the noborigama in Fall.







I also made 14 more incense holders with left over red stone, red shigaraki and bizen clay. I was running late so I didn't have time to take pictures but they look exactly the same as my previous 20 incense holders, just a different color. Those will dry for about three days and get fired.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment