Thursday, July 14, 2011

Incense holders

20 of my black stone clay incense holders have been bisque fired so I sanded and glazed them last night.

I decided to use the air gun to apply the glaze since I wanted a gradual color change.














Here are my two color choices. Left is R a nice white glaze with purple/blue undertones. To the right is K glaze which will turn into a nice mild blue. The left is where the incense sticks will go through a hole and burn over the board. I actually wanted L glaze but in a heat daze I somehow picked the K glaze bucket instead and didn't realize it until I was done air glazing. Oops...but I think this color combo should turn out well either way :) They will be RF fired



I also air glazed some napkin rings and chopstick holders I made at home last month. The rings will be difficult to glaze but they should turn out fine. I did R glaze for all of them.

I made 9 napkin rings

2 fish chopstick holders

2 simple chopstick holders

2 braided chopstick holders.








I also glazed a few leftover cups and a bowl.

This cup is red shigaraki with R and B glaze combo, RF firing









Another cup, outside U, inside K glaze, RF firing







Last is a small bowl, red stone clay. U glaze with R glaze accent on the rim, RF firing






Only 2 more weeks! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Incense Sticks Manufacturers
    Moksh Agarbatti - This Incense Sticks Manufacturers and Exporters are enriched with the sweet fragrance of the tiny white flowers.

    For more detials log on to :- http://mokshagarbatti.com/

    ReplyDelete